Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bloggin' Around

First I responded to Hana's blog. She wrote about the issue of Don't ask don't tell and how Obama is trying to abolish this crime of discrimination.

"I completely agree with both you and Alex on this issue. It is so important to be more accepting in our culture today because without acceptance we cannot move forward.

This is why I am so glad that they are making the 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' policy less of a taboo and more accepted within our culture. I cannot wait until the day that everyone in our world can be accepted for who they are and their beliefs instead of being criticized for something they may not even be able to change such as their sexual preference. Everyone should feel safe in their own skin and as Hana said, 'help create change'. It is up to us to make a difference in our world now. If we wait much longer we might not be able to get very far in the future."

Then I posted on Rayn's blog when she talked about the QE essay and how beneficial it was to our creative writing.

"I completely agree!! I hate five paragraph essays because they are so restricting and limit the amount of creativity you can show off. I personally am very creative and hate structure and my whole life I have had so much structure in English and finally we were able to just let loose and write whatever we wanted.

Just like Rayn I found that I could finally learn how to write freely and let loose which at first was kind of hard because I had not been doing it for so long.

I wish that we could do more assignments like the QE essay because I feel as though the rest of the year's essays were more restricting and I do not know a time in life that writing a five paragraph essay will be useful for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment